This recipe has been converted to now be gluten-free. This makes a delicious and rich chocolate pudding that is wonderful when topped with homemade or store-bought whipped cream. It is especially nice when served in individual dessert cups.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, stir together the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt.
- Slowly stir in the beaten yolks and the milk.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Allow to cool a bit. Spoon into serving dishes. Top with preferred topping.