Very easy meal for days that you want to toss something in and have it ready when you get home.
- 4 lb. Chuck roast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 1 can beef broth
- carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- Place roast in slow cooker fat side up and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle soup mix over meat. Add broth, carrots, onion, potatoes and celery. If you prefer your potatoes to be a little less cooked, add them about half way through the cooking time.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
Gravy: To make a thicker gravy, pour juice into sauce pan before serving. Use approximately 1/4 cup corn starch (less if you don’t have much broth left after cooking). Add corn starch to broth stirring until very well combined and not lumpy. Heat to boiling, stir frequently. Cook until broth is the consistency you desire.